Wednesday 1 May 2013

Rimmel WAKE ME UP



Rimmel wake me up review 

I know I know , I'm late on the band wagon reviewing and trying this little beauty, but I have to admit I was put off by the radiant glow aspect of it. As an oily t-zone girl I usually stick to semi-matte foundations and add the "glow" in after with a highlighter and cream blush. My holey grail everyday foundation at the moment is Estee lauder double wear light, but at £27.50 a bottle its not the best for my student bank balance! 


This is where my drug store foundation experimentation stems from, the quest to find a decent foundation at a decent price, and at £8.99 a bottle I can't complain. 


I first purchased the wake me up concealer at £5.49 and I am very impressed with this, it has high coverage for an under eye concealer and hides my dark circles with ease. I do agree that it illuminates under the eyes and makes me look a lot brighter and fresher in the morning. perfect !


The foundation also gets my seal of approval and is fast becoming my alternative to my double wear light, although totally different in finish. 

"our first foundation that visibly awakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural-looking finish. Instant anti- fatigue effect. with peptides and vitamin moistursing complex "

I agree that once applied my skin looks a lot fresher and brighter with a subtle glow, personally on my skin the glow isn't over the top and I am very happy with it. I do dust a little bit of the Rimmel stay matte powder in my t-zone which keeps everything in place and prevents me looking too shiny throughout the day. It applies like a dream with my real techniques buffing brush and don't have to worry about it looking streaky. 


As for the coverage I would say it's a good medium, It covers all my redness and previous acne scars and does a good job at reducing the redness of the odd blemish but I do have to go over with a concealer. To me this is no problem as I prefer a lighter coverage all over and to spot cover any areas that need some extra attention. looking closely at the bottle I can see tiny reflective particles/ shimmers, whatever you want to call them, similar to the Revlon photo ready foundation. Once applied to the skin with my powder and blusher on I can't notice and they don't enlarge the look of my pores like the Revlon foundation did. I have to say I am also pretty impressed with the lasting power as anything saying "Radiant Glow" I didn't expect to last 5 minutes on me, and it's lasted all day in this spring sunshine , with minimal fading. 




I know it's not good to end on a negative but I have to mention the shade range. I picked up 100 Ivory which was the lightest shade and I was quiet shocked how dark it looked in the bottle. Now i'm not the palest girl out there and it seems to blend well for my skin tone but for many girls paler than me it would end up looking a bit orange, and i'm disappointed the our fair skin ladies may miss out on this little gem. 






No comments:

Post a Comment